Sunday, August 11, 2013

I am THREE!!!


My little man turned 3 recently, and I would hardly feel like a proper blogging mommy without giving it some attention. I didn't put together any big birthday party, but chose to celebrate with just our family instead. It was just enough for our little shy guy.

Birthday interview with the big man on campus:

Me: Sawyer tell me about your birthday?
Sawyer: Birthday cake and candles. I had presents. It's a car present. Pretty booty doody car.  And trains and legos!
Me: What is your favorite show?
Saywer: Cars!!! I LIKE Cars. 
Me: What is your favorite toy?
Sawyer: Cars!
Me: Who is in your family?
Sawyer: Jesus. Cars. Daddy. Lily. 
Me: Is that it? Um, what about me?
Sawyer: Yeah! You too.
Me: What do you like to do?
Sawyer: Watch a show like My Little Ponies!
Me: Who are your friends?
Sawyer: Wiley, Ben, and Lily, and Julia, and Daddy. (pause) You didn't say anything?
Me: What did you want me to say?
Sawyer: You didn't ask about Mommy.
Me: What about Mommy?
Sawyer: And Mommy is my friend. Ha ha.



 Sawyer always finds a way to make us laugh. He really has great comedic timing and knows just how to get Keith and me laughing.



Sawyer: I just going to sleep here.
Me: You can't sleep on a box.
Sawyer: Yes, I can.
Me: Okay, but go put some pants on.


I never imagined myself a mommy of little boys, but this little guy really snuck into my heart quickly. He brings me so much joy, cuddles, and love. I couldn't imagine it any other way now!



Sawyer is a pretty easy going little guy. He spends hours playing with his cars, following Lily around, and the only time he really demands attention is when he needs to be held. He loves cuddles still, and can't get enough love from Mommy and Daddy. I love that I have a little snuggle bug to hold close.


One of my favorite recent memories of Sawyer was on a recent trip to Palmyra, NY. Every year our church holds a big pageant and they put on a show talking about the story of Christ and the history of the Book of Mormon. While we were there I held Sawyer on my lap and he snuggled up to me. At one point Sawyer saw the actor portraying Christ and he sat straight up on my lap, and then waved his hand high up in the air, and yelled, "Jesus! It's me Sawyer!" He had the biggest smile on his face and then turned to me and said, "I saw Him Mommy! I saw Jesus! And I waved hi to Him!" I couldn't help but snuggle him a little closer and smile. 

How could you not love this little guy? Happy birthday Sawyer!