Sometimes it's best to let go of perfect and just let it be the way it wants to be.
This Easter was one of those moments.
I like to consider myself the Easter Bunny's #1 helper in this neck of the woods. In preparation for Easter I helped him gather all that was required to fill those baskets with joy and excitement on Easter morning. I stayed up late helping the Easter Bunny hide some eggs for the Lily and Sawyer to find Easter morning and spent some quality time at my favorite bullseye-overpriced-better-than-Walmart store prepping for the day.
I heard the squeals of delight Easter morning, but alas, was stuck in bed. Grant had been up four times during the night and I had not one ounce of energy left in my body. So exhausted was I that it was all I could do to peek one eye at two very enthusiastic children.
"Mommy! The Easter Bunny! He came! He ate our carrots." pitter patter of feet running away.
"Mommy! Guess what! There are eggs EVERYWHERE!" pitter patter of feet running away.
"Mommy! He left me CHOCOLATE! I'm going to save some for you, okay?" pitter patter of feet running away.
Finally, I mustered up enough umph to poke Keith and croak out, "Can you take some pictures?"
Then I lay comatose in a state of blissful listening to the constant squeals of delight that I heard throughout the house as the little ones found egg after egg. It was magical to my ears, and I am so grateful Keith was able to capture some of those special moments!
The kids also got to do our annual Easter egg hunt at my friend Julie's house. Missed that one too while I was nursing Grant, but my friend took some pics of the kids.
This picture makes me happy. Love these best buds.
And despite missing a lot of the Easter fun, who could ever be mad at this sweet little man?












