Note: This post has been a long time coming! I was waiting for nicer weather and Spring blossoms for Lily's six year pictures. Connect-i-cut took a long time to warm up to the idea of Spring this year.
Dear Lilyboo,
I can't believe you have already reached the wise old age of six. I have to tell you, I feel incredibly lucky to be your mommy. Your patience and kindness towards your brothers inspires me to be a better mommy myself. I am amazed at how much you have grown this past year!
Sending you off to Kindergarten was one of the hardest things I have had to do emotionally. It felt like an end to the era of innocence where you would for the first time be exposed to the real world in full force. I still feel a flurry of excitement picking you up from school, hoping that I can keep you mine and little for just a little longer, but being wary of myself so that I don't hold you back from growing into the kind of girl you were meant to be.
At school I learned that you have become quite the little teacher in the classroom. When you can you take care of those around you, you make the world a better place. It makes me smile inside when you sit down and give me an account of the day and how the other children behaved and how you took care of them. You are far ahead of the game in reading, finishing Kindergarten testing at a level J, and have started an awesome trend of reading to your family in the car. We love to hear your little voice, your questions, your insights, and how the world looks through your eyes.
One of my favorite memories of all your Kindergarten tales was the day you came home with that sparkle in your eye yelling, "Guess what!!! We are getting a new kid in our class and her name is Susan!" You were so excited that you couldn't sleep well for two days and you spent your free time preparing a beautiful picture to welcome Susan into the classroom. The day she came you were all but giddy with joy and woke early to go to school. I bet your buttons that Susan had the best day her first day of Kindergarten just because she had a friend so eager to greet her. I wish every kid had a friend like you ready to make them happy.
Last week my heart ached when you told me that while you were in class everyone laughed at your idea. You told me you sat in the corner and cried and noone thought to come over and put their arm around you and give you a hug. That's because you are that someone, the one that reaches out to those who are sad or need love. You are the one with the heart of gold that looks for those around you that are hurting or need a friend and become that friend. It is a gift God has given to you, and you will make the world a better place because of your gift. Just know that in moments where you feel alone, there is always someone watching over you and cheering you on.
You continue to amaze me with your sense of service too. You watch for what needs to be done and then jump in head first. You love to do little surprises for our family and have us close our eyes and scream, "tada!" It makes me melt when you think of these little things to help all on your own. You wait anxiously for your chance to be in charge of family night and plan activities constantly for our family. I am so proud of you and our family is so lucky to have you!
I love you my Lilyboo and can't wait to see what 6 has to offer!
Love,
Mommy







