This cute little man just turned 18 months! And his personality and interests are starting to show.
His main interest? Balls.
He can't get enough of them. If he can't find one he'll pick up something inferior to his beloved toy of choice and examine it before yelling, "Uh, uh, uh...GO!" (1, 2, 3, throw!) Usually rocks, cars, and cans are ball replacements (and floor dingers), so I am learning to keep a ball in sight at all times.
His other main love?
His beloved monkey and pacifier.
There is no parting this boy with these objects. He LOVES them more than he loves anything else in this world. Their relationship is a match made in heaven. Not since Lily have I seen an attachment this strong to a little Lovey. I (the mommy) barely register on his radar next to the monkey.
He is as independent as they come. There is absolutely no time or need to cuddle. Books? No time. Tickles? If he has a minute. He's got balls to find, stairs to climb, buckles to buckle, running to do, and towers of cans to build.
Despite all his business I can't help but marvel daily that I have a little mini Captain Awesome running around the house. He is a little version of his daddy, and can't wait for Keith to come home each day. He waits eagerly by the window around dinner time and will run in circles yelling "Dada! Dada!" until Keith walks in the door.
Love this little guy! Welcome to toddlerhood little Grant-man!
(He is crying in the picture above because I had the audacity to take out his pacifier. Well...it might also be because the grass is soaking wet and he wasn't happy about that either.)



