Dear Sawyer,
Five? I am still in shock that this year has come so quickly. This is the year that you will start Kindergarten. This is the year that you leave the little nest of love I have built around you and truly start exploring what the world means. You will find new friends, you will find new adventures, you will meet independence, but more importantly you are now going to discover who you truly are. The foundations have been set, but I can't wait to see how you handle all the things that life will throw at you as you go out into the big world...of Kindergarten. (Maybe this moment isn't as momentous as I'm making it out to be, but it is the biggest change we have had to face together yet!)
Four brought so many fun changes. You learned to ride a bike. You read the entire book "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Lessons" and were awesome! You picked up reading as easily as you picked up teasing your brother. You became such a doting helper at home while Lily was at school and kept me company and my ears busy listening to your stories. You discovered the world of Legos. You began yearning to go to school yourself and talked about it nonstop. You started visiting Sister Brito every Sunday in primary and fell in love with her. You also made a move downstairs to be closer to mommy and daddy to help with your nightmares.
There are so many things I just adore about you. You still have that sparkle in your eyes that lights up the world. You grin ear to ear and laugh your head off when someone mentions "poop". You make the BEST funny faces I have ever seen. You think cars are still the coolest thing in the world, and have finally managed to convince Lily that they should monopolize her playtime too. You still take time to cuddle with Mommy and I hope its something you won't outgrow for a long time yet. You still wake up at 6:00 in the morning and come over and whisper to mommy to let her know you are up and about. You also are learning how to play with your little brother and I think he will learn much from your good example.
Recently I sat down to interview you for your birthday and the answers were so typically five, yet uniquely Sawyer.
What's your nickname? Mr. Bobbleheads
What happened when you were 4? I turned 5.
What do you want to be when you grow up? A race car driver, then a firefighter, then a zookeeper.
Where do you want to go now that you are 5? A dinosaur museum.
Who is your best friend? Ben
Who do you like to talk to? Ben
What is your favorite thing about Daddy? He gave me a new bike!
What is your favorite thing about Mommy? She love me.
How do you know? She plays with me.
What is the scariest thing you know? Monsters.
What is the happiest thing you know? Mommy!
Who is the funniest person you know? Ben!
Who is the most serious? Christina (our babysitter)
What is your big goal in life? I'm going to watch a show!
I love you Sawyer! Looking at you makes my heart swell with love and joy. You are my buddy boy and have stolen a big chunk of my heart, but I'll let you keep it because you are worth it. Here's to being five!
Love,
Mommy







