Friday, September 29, 2017

Sweet Baby Boy


This past week the happiest and cutest baby on the planet had his "last" pictures. He went into surgery last Friday and in a moment of true mama bear stress I took him out for pictures -just in case he didn't make it through the surgery. Yup, I was that paranoid. 

So take a good look at those baby blues. Isn't he beautiful? I spent the whole day before his surgery kissing him, loving him, documenting him, and worrying about him. "Would he cry because he hadn't ate in hours? Would the sedation kill him? Would he be in pain for weeks?"


He went in to his surgery hungry, but with the biggest smile on his face. He flirted with the nurses, he giggled at their antics, and he loved the anesthesiologist that stopped by to take him away. As they walked away from me Corters smiled and waved and did his awesome wiggle kicks. I would have lost it, but he was just so cute that I could only smile.



2 hours later? 
He was alive. He was smiling. He was giggling. 

The next day? 
He was still alive. He was smiling. He was giggling. 

The following day? 
I took him off pain meds...and he was smiling. He was giggling. 


So grateful these pictures did not serve as his last! So grateful that my paranoia can be put to rest. And so grateful for his smiles and giggles!