Friday, June 20, 2008

Ghandi is a smart man

I have been reading the book "Audition" by Barbara Walters and she spoke of the first time she met Ghandi. She asked him what the purpose of life was and he replied simply, "To be happy." She asked, "How does one accomplish that?" "I think warmheartedness and compassion. Compassion gives you inner strength, more self-confidence. That can really change your attitude."

I have to say that often people ask, "What is the meaning of life?" We can give these complicated answers involving religious beliefs and returning to heaven in one piece, but it really does come down to that. We should be happy. If we are living our lives the best we can, and trying to be good people, we have every reason to be happy. I am. What more could I ask for? And if I'm living well and giving of myself and trying to bring happiness to others, then gee willikers, why make things complicated? (Just try saying "gee willikers" to someone without smiling. It's kind of hard.)

I do know there is more to life that just being happy but I think it should be a priority.

Now off I go to play with my little one...because she makes me SO happy!