Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

Easter has always been such a sweet, calm, tender holiday in my book. It yet has to be taken over like Christmas has with the hype of presents, shopping, and songs about reindeer and snowmen. Instead it's a holiday where we really can focus on the Savior and all that the Resurrection means. Lily boo went on her first Easter egg hunt, held a bunny, ate too much candy, but in the end I was able to sit down with her and share the story of Easter with her. Because her favorite video "Jesus" is all about the resurrection and death of Christ she seemed to have a small understanding of what this day was really about.

The foundation of a testimony of Christ is always a journey, sometimes filled with agony, prayer, and soul-searching, but usually ends in sweet peace to one's soul as they realize all that He is and all that He can do for us. I have this testimony, and it's not something I usually throw to the masses because it is so special to me and brings me much peace in my life. I know that He is my Savior and I know that because of His ultimate sacrifice we can return one day to live with our Heavenly Father amongst our loved ones if we choose to follow the path He has shown us. I also know that I am being watched and cared for, tender, sacred experiences during my life have taught me this. I hope one day that my little Lily and any other children we have will gain a deeper understanding of the Savior and His role in their lives.