Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Thank You

The song "Keep Holding On" keeps running through my head. I can't help but think of the words, "You know I'm here for you" and think of all those who have been here for us.

Keith and I have been continually humbled and amazed at the wonderful people we have surrounding us. Despite the trial of losing his job right after we bought a house and had our sweet baby, our eyes have been opened these past few months to the caliber of those who are in our lives.

When we moved I was sitting on my floor 9 months pregnant, struggling to prepare this house for our little family to make it a home. We had so many wonderful people show up to help us get through that horrible week and I was able to put my home in order just in time to embrace this tiny new life that was to be our sweet Sawyer.

I thought then, "This is the lesson I needed to learn. Service. And how to accept it and not just lend it."

I really thought that was a great lesson. Thanks...

It was just the beginning of the lesson. I have to say, I feel so touched and humbled (crumbled humbled?) at the people who have reached out to us as this new trial has fallen into our laps.

To those who are lending us prayers and hope, thank you for your faith.

To those who have shown up at our doorstep ready to lend a hand, thank you for your hands when ours aren't enough.

To those who drove down from Massachusetts to give us a weekend of love and help, thank you from that part of my heart that makes my eyes fill up with tears each time I think of it.

To my sweet sisters who listen each time I call them up crying, thank you for just listening to me.

To my sweet husband who has been working around the clock to get our house ready, I love you, I'm proud of you, and thank you.

This is starting to sound like an awards show (minus the trophy to take home), but hold on, I've got two more...

To my Lily who has been so patient and understanding during all of this, you are an angel.

And to my Heavenly Father who has sent all of these angels to our doostep. Thank you.

I know this is just the beginning of perhaps hard things to come, and I know that somehow we're going to make it, but when I look at the here and now all I feel is gratitude, love...and a whole lotta stress.

Whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly.




You're not alone
Together we stand
I'll be by your side, you know I'll take your hand
When it gets cold
And it feels like the end
There's no place to go
You know I won't give in
No I won't give in

Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you
There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

So far away
I wish you were here
Before it's too late, this could all disappear
Before the doors close
And it comes to an end
With you by my side I will fight and defend,
I'll fight and defend
Yeah, yeah!


Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you
There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through


Hear me when I say, when I say I believe
Nothing's gonna change, nothing's gonna change destiny
Whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly

Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you
There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

Keep holding on...
Keep holding on

There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through...