Wednesday, October 20, 2010

This will pan(ic) out, right?

Panic Attack

Definition (Mayo Clinic):

A panic attack is a sudden episode of intense fear that develops and that triggers severe physical reactions. Panic attacks can be very frightening. When panic attacks occur, you might think you're losing control (me, really? losing control?), having a heart attack or even dying.

Panic attack symptoms can make your heart pound and cause you to feel short of breath, dizzy, nauseated and flushed. Because panic attack symptoms can resemble life-threatening conditions, it's important to seek an accurate diagnosis and treatment.

Just had my first of these. Suh-weet.

The funny thing was I knew what was happening in the midst of it and knew I wasn't having a heart attack at the ripe age of 30. Both kids were taking a nap and my sister in law answered the phone to talk me through it.

Seriously? I'm too busy to take the time for a panic attack.