I feel a tradition coming on. Getting dirrrrrty once a year. With no consequences other than a chance to revive our inner teenager. I needed this like a recovering drug addict needs one last...well, you get the point. Introducing a Rebel Race!*
We'll just say that I had SUCH a bad week that in my desperate hurry to get my screaming kids out of public, I actually peeled out of a parking lot leaving my poor stroller and all my purchases in it's basket behind. Not that my kids scream in public, mind you, they are perfect in every way (MUHAHAHA).
Anywho...I needed a break. And it came! I haven't laughed as hard as I laughed this day in too long a time. My favorite part of the trip was the carride (we went to New York and had two hours to chat and bond), and laughing as we held a sheet while another married couple tried to demud using buckets of cold water, and change into fresh clothes (if you heard someone squeal to their spouse "Be gentle!" in a parking lot, when four people were holding a tent of sheets around you, covered in mud with rain pouring down, you'd start laughing too hard to hold the sheet up properly too, nuff said).
The sad thing about the after picture? We were literally COVERED in mud, goopy, ooey, down our back, in our mouth, caked in our hair, mud. But the last obstacle on the course was to crawl on our belly under some barbed wire through water. So we got a little cleaned off from that. Suffice it to say, you'll never get to see exactly how gross and funny we were looked during the race.

Anywho...I needed a break. And it came! I haven't laughed as hard as I laughed this day in too long a time. My favorite part of the trip was the carride (we went to New York and had two hours to chat and bond), and laughing as we held a sheet while another married couple tried to demud using buckets of cold water, and change into fresh clothes (if you heard someone squeal to their spouse "Be gentle!" in a parking lot, when four people were holding a tent of sheets around you, covered in mud with rain pouring down, you'd start laughing too hard to hold the sheet up properly too, nuff said).
The sad thing about the after picture? We were literally COVERED in mud, goopy, ooey, down our back, in our mouth, caked in our hair, mud. But the last obstacle on the course was to crawl on our belly under some barbed wire through water. So we got a little cleaned off from that. Suffice it to say, you'll never get to see exactly how gross and funny we were looked during the race.
*One comment about how pasty white my legs are will land YOU in a mud puddle. Hehe.