Once you get a looksee at Sawyer's new shoes, you can understand why this boy has a new found shoe fetish. We cannot go anywhere or do anything with out THE shoes. I bought these on a whim one day and ever since that day I wake up to find him sitting by his door, ready to go with his green shoes on almost every morning. I have even come to pick him up from a nap, only to discover that he was smart enough to put them in his crib under his blanket so that he could sneak them back on to sleep with them as soon as I left the room.

Sawyer has recently become a little more social, in his shy little way. Here he is picking up on the ladies. I missed a beautiful shot where he put his arm momentarily around little Stella at our Easter Egg hunt, but hey, you can't get them all.

Sawyer has recently become a little more social, in his shy little way. Here he is picking up on the ladies. I missed a beautiful shot where he put his arm momentarily around little Stella at our Easter Egg hunt, but hey, you can't get them all.
Lily takes this VERY seriously. She could not be distracted for pictures, and is always the most competitive on the field when it comes to candy. She seemed to understand right from her first time that the objective was to fill her basket up, then check the egg contents later. As for her little brother...

he cheered, he stomped his green shoes, he smiled and cheesed at anyone who would look at him, but he only picked up 3 eggs. Each one he found he would sit down, carefully exam the actual egg, open it, eat it's contents, and then move on to the next find. His first Easter Egg hunt was quite the inquisitive experience.
Sadly, I forgot to take any pictures Easter Sunday. We'll just picture them in our head. Cute, excited, and oh so happy to wake up to not only new Easter baskets (my momma made some), but also a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Kahmann!
My objectives lately have been met. Keep them busy, keep them happy, and wear them out.
Keith and I have been so incredibly busy these past two months that we too are pretty worn out. When our company (the Kahmanns) arrived, we relaxed for the first time in weeks and were surprised by how exhausted we were when we finally stopped going, going, going. In the last two months Keith has pretty much completed the backyard wall, and I have managed to paint the downstairs bathroom, kitchen, and the upstairs guest room, along with refinishing a piece of furniture. None of which were small feats. Pictures of the house coming soon, I promise!


