Wednesday, January 2, 2013

December: Polar Express and More!

Christmas this year was SO MUCH FUN. The kids dug it, the squealed at EVERYTHING, and it was just as magical as a holiday season can be. Our face muscles are well toned from all the smiles we spread throughout the land.


Every year in Essex, Connect-i-cut they put their steam engines to good use and create a Polar Express experience for all ages. The station, and the train cars are decorated to the "nines" as they ring in the holiday season.

Assigned to each train car is an entertainer. We had the Sugar Plum Fairy. Lily was fascinated with her ears (as you'll see in the video) and was in heaven when she offered to sprinkle magic fairy dust on her bow. I kept teasing her throughout the night, telling her that I swore her ears were getting a little pointier. I saw her checking her back in the mirror when we got home, looking to see if she might be getting wings.






And the great man himself came aboard after we arrived in the "North Pole" to give each child a bell and wish them "Merry Christmas." We even had hot chocolate and cookies! The kids were in heaven, if you can't tell by the look on Lily's face.



And of course we had to decorate Ginger Bread Houses. Sawyer thought this was the BEST. TRADITION. EVER. Until I told him he had to at least put some of the gummy bears on the house.




 Keith and I both got a kick of Sawyer's side of the house. It looked like a flock of gummy bears had splattered into the side of the house during a blizzard when he was done.


 Can I say that I love my husband on vacation? He has a lot of fun chasing the kids and "pouncing" on them. The jumping monster makes them laugh.
And here Keith is singing in the church Christmas Concert. So handsome!!!

He gave his corsage to Lily afterwards and she guarded it with her life for 2 weeks. I finally threw it away when it started looking moldly and she cried. So mean, I know.